News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Class act bike manufacturer

Started by randyr, August 12, 2005, 06:53:14 PM

randyr

I got to tell ya. people can talk a lot a crap about Buell motorcycles but who does this shit? A few weeks ago i was severly injured practicing for the mid ohio grand nationals. I was riding my personal gsxr-750.Thats a story in itself so i'll get to the point. For the last 2 years i was racing a Buell in the FUSA thunderbike series. When the Racing Director by the name of Henry Duga found out i was injured he sent me a get well card which was personally signed by Henry himself and Eric Buell. I'm talking the real shit here no friggin stamp with his name on it. Show me another CEO who does that. My hat's off to Eric Buell for giving a shit.

Super Dave

Erik is an old racer at heart....

Duga seems like a good guy too...

But is Erik the CEO anymore?  I think they are completely owned by H-D.  Isn't Erik the design officer or something?

Still was nice... 8)
Super Dave

EX#996

I only know Henry....

... and he is one sweetheart of a gentleman.

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Chuck

Man that's really cool.  Wish I got a card from kawasaki... ::) :P ;D

randyr

thats the point. show me another bike manufacturer who does that. CEO or not. when i raced theFIM  24hr world endurance race @ Oscerschlebeen, Eric made damn sure that we the Buell team had everything we needed  even though he could not be there himself. im proud to say i raced one of his bikes. however, id really like to see him design a real motor for his bikes.

Al_Soran

My hat is off to Henry Duga as well. It appears I'm the only Buell rider out here in the SW Region, and I gotta tell ya' the man has spent a good bit of time on the phone with me ensuring I had the technical and parts information to properly set the bike up. He also made himself available to the local Harley-Davidson dealership to make sure I got the right parts in a timely manner. I also race a Kawasaki and simply put, I haven't gotten that kind of support and service from them. Paul James has also been a great resource for information- thanks Paul and good luck with the rest of the season!
RandyR- thanks for bringing this to the attention of the racing community- I believe there are very few MC companies that show this kind of support on a personal level- even to a lowly amatuer in the SW.
Oh- and the Buell contingency program works as advertised... finish top 3 in Thunderbike on a Buell- get paid! That easy! Check was recieved within 6 weeks of posted race results...! No BS, no continuous paperwork.
Thanks Buell and Henry Duga for supporting club level racing, and making it easy!

PJ

Randy,

Sorry to hear about your injuries and very sorry to see you're leaving racing. It won't be the same on the F-USA Thunderbike grid without you.

All the best to you in the recovery process and whatever else the future may hold for you.

Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

PJ

QuoteErik is an old racer at heart....

Duga seems like a good guy too...

But is Erik the CEO anymore?  I think they are completely owned by H-D.  Isn't Erik the design officer or something?

Still was nice... 8)

For the record, Erik is Chairman and Chief Technical Officer of Buell Motorcycle Company.

And Henry Duga was Erik's first official employee. Nobody knows (and remembers) more about the 22+ year history of Buell than Henry.

They both have a strong passion for motorcycle racing, as do many of the employees at Buell.  ;)
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

randyr

Paul, thanks so much for the well wishes. With all the racing ive done in the last few years, i've. come to make some great friends within the Thunderbike series. A great group of guys out to help each other. Thats how it should be. Good luck with the rest of your season and if you hear of anyone looking to start their own program, i'm selling my complete one. Take care Paul.

Jeff

Hey, somebody has to make sure that the buell customers return!

Besides, if Suzuki sent cards to people injured on their bikes, they'd have to buy out hallmark  :P
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

diablo

More of the same here.

Henry has talked to me and my local deal. Henry had parts for me when my bike broke at Barber. He was the reason why I got to race another day. Racing a Buell is a real different experience for the better. Not to mention the pau out. Henry and Buell have my total respect!

Michael
AM CCS 127  

tstruyk

QuoteMore of the same here.

Henry has talked to me and my local deal. Henry had parts for me when my bike broke at Barber. He was the reason why I got to race another day. Racing a Buell is a real different experience for the better. Not to mention the pau out. Henry and Buell have my total respect!

Michael
AM CCS 127  

now if only he'd buy cousin Eddie a new generator....  ;D
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"