News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Team Stumpy Got Some Press!

Started by StumpysWife, March 30, 2004, 04:36:23 AM

zoner

Awesome!!  Congrats on the press,  you looked really good out there at Topeka.  Checked out your website also..................way cool.  See you at the track.  

Ryan

K3 Chris Onwiler

Article exerpt:
Expert racers on the Carousel 140 circuit — familiar to novice fans by their dragging a knee around corners — travel at speeds of 140 miles per hour on corners and 170 mph on straightaways.

:o :o :o :o
No wonder I can't keep up with Stumpy!  140mph thru Turn 1 at blackhawk is a bit too fast for me, and even my 750 won't hit 170 on the straight there.  Novice fans dragging their knee is a bit scary too!  
So since Stumpy is running this Carousel 140 series, I guess he won't be around the CCS races any more.  I'll really miss him. ;D
And to think I can't make a living as a writer.  Pisses me off every day reading the hacks that do! >:(
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

StumpysWife

QuoteExpert racers on the Carousel 140 circuit — familiar to novice fans by their dragging a knee around corners — travel at speeds of 140 miles per hour on corners and 170 mph on straightaways.

I know!  All we can figure is the guy got very confused when Stump was telling him about the carousel at Road America.  Overall he did ok with basically no knowledge of road racing.  He really could not get past how much everything cost!

Heather

Jeff

Quote He really could not get past how much everything cost!

After 4 years, I'm still having a hard time getting past that!!
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

bmfgsxr

stumpy

Thanks Guys! All the stardom is overwhelming in our little town. When Somebody is racing something other than a snowmobile its really "different". Alot of people are very curious about it. I love that people are getting educated about it. I even picked up a couple of sponsors!! LMAO k3!!! I have no idea where he got that! I'm sure you know all about it though. I knew you would pick up on that.

P.S Don't be surprised if you see a greyhound bus filled with yoopers at RA to support there local hero 8). Hopefully the deer won't be around cause there will be shots fired!
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

Love944

Good for you!  Live the dream baby! 8)

Laura